SpursCanada Annual General Assembly Minutes
Spurs Canada had a very busy and successfull 2013/14 season. We started the campaign adding a new chapter in Hamilton and re establishing chapters in Montreal and Calgary. We also changed our location in Vancouver. Our board was busy throughout the year, here are some hilights :
* We created a Facebook Page and later in the year followed up with a closed Facebook Group
* Web site upgrades were put in place for pay pal membership ordering,communications updates and ticket ordering
* Our communications team put out information picees throughout the year about upcoming events
* Free draws were held for jerseys and other items
* A fantasy football league was set up
* Year end or mid season partys were held a some of our chapters
* Chapter leaders arranged discounts/meal and or pint specials at some of our locations
* Partnerships were made with : The Ottawa Fury, Toronto Football Club and the Vancouver Whitecaps
* We had a THFC Official Signed Banner Fund Raiser – Raised $500
* The board designed/ordered and shipped 200 Scarves and 260 Membership cards
* The Vancouver Chapter was very involved in the Seattle tour stop. Over 100 Spurs Canada supporters attended
* We sold 400 tickets to the THFC-TFC match at BMO field in Toronto
* There was a Spurs Canada day at the Lane January 1st. We were recognised on the Big Screen, On the PA system and had a full page in the match day programe
* Thirty people were assisted in getting tickets to see Spurs at White Hart Lane
* The board designed/ordered and handed out 400 match day scarves at BMO July 23rd
* We were heavily involved in the THFC Toronto tour visit. We designed/ordered a new banner, we arranged for a double decker bus, we were involved in the open practice,we selected/provided golden tickets to meet the players, we were involved with the children mascot programe, we donated 44 official THFC jerseys to a local Toronto childrens football club,were involved in the planning and participated in the Legends night at Real Sports. We recieved recogninition from THFC /TFC at the stadium, on field and on the scoreboard. We made ourselfs available for press an TV interviews including a piece on Spurs TV.
* We lobbied THFC to change their away match ticket policy. We were successfull and are now able to assist our members get away tickets.
Here are some numbers of interest:
Growth to 10 Local Chapters 2014/15
1653 Twitter Followers
3718 Facebook Likes
76 Fantasy league participants
105 Facebook Closed Group Members
Overall, an exciting and busy year !
Looking forward to the 2014/15 campaign. Membership is now open at www.spurscanada.ca
Former Chairman-Spurs Canada
Best Wishes to the new Baord lead by New Chairman Bill Daniel !